Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Use Your Stuff (Teacher's Thank You Cards)

Good (crazy early) Morning! 

I'm a day late on the Use Your Stuff challenge! Yikes! Sometimes time just gets away from me ;) Better late than never though eh?! 

Anyhooooo...this week's challenge is to use office supplies. I had this great idea to use a white out roller on my project....I think it might work better on a layout, where you make it and put it into a page protector and it stays there safe and sound...not so great on a card that's going to be opened and closed a bunch of times...

I made two cards. The one on the right has the white out roller on it, and for the one on the left I used some gold washi instead. I like the washi better. 

Cards are definitely NOT my forte...

I found my inspiration on Pinterest (feel free to follow me). I had pinned a fabulous card by Lisa Spangler, and then I found later that the person I had pinned it from had just pinned her blog and not the actual post that the card was on!! GRRRR!! So then I had to find the post...but I did! And it didn't take too long...so I guess they're forgiven! lol If you click on her name you'll be able to see the card...it looks nothing like mine...her's is awesome ;)~

The one one the right has the white out roller...the one on the left has the washi...I prefer the one with washi :)



I really liked the fold of this card...simple, but it looks kinda fun and funky :)


And this is what was left in my cardmaking wake...yikes!! Clean up in the morning for sure! Right now, I'm off to bed! It's already 1:30am!! ooops!! I knew I was going to be up late...didn't think it would quite be this late...but oh well ;)


Please join us over at Use Your Stuff and get out those office supplies!! 

Don't forget to....
Follow on Bloglovin

Blessings! 

Sarah



Supplies Used: Cardstock: American Crafts. Patterned Paper: Basic Grey, Crate Paper. Washi tape: Studio Calico and WR Memory Keepers. Stamps: Prima, Hero Arts. Ink: Hero Arts Neon, Distress Ink, and Ranger Archival. Stickers: Studio Calico. Punches: EK Success. Bling: Prima. Mist: Heidi Swapp Colour Shine.  Brads: CTMH.

5 comments:

  1. Love the card. Great idea for a white-out roller. It would be very cool for journaling on. Hmmmmmmm .....

    Love the new blog. Your header is fantastic. What a great looking family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out beautiful!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors and the butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, simply beautiful! <3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet card. Love the fluttering butterflies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! love the butterflies!
    Am now following you with bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love!
-Blessings,
Sarah