Monday, July 1, 2013

Hand Made Baby Book

Happy Canada Day All!! I hope you're out enjoying the weather or doing something fun with your family and loved ones on your extra day off, for all my fellow Canadian scrappers! For those of you who aren't from Canada, I hope you're having a good Monday :)

I decided for this baby, I was going to make my own baby book. It only seems fitting since I am a bit of a crafty gal ;)  I have the cover to show you today, but first I wanted to share a little of our renos with you:

I took these pictures before I painted so I could have kind of a before and after. There hasn't been much change in this picture except the paint colour is different now, and the big pile of underlay is gone. Chris says he's going to finish sanding the one wall tomorrow so I can work on painting it, and he says he's starting the flooring tomorrow too!! EEEKK!! I can't wait! I'm like a crazy pregnant lady that needs to nest, but has nowhere to nest! It's kind of sad! lol And I'm driving my poor husband to the loony bin I'm sure! The table in the middle of the room that is now being used as a "work bench" was my old scrapbooking table...I think we will be taking it to the share shed tomorrow because we need to use the space to put the floor in. It will be a bit of a sad time...but at the same time I am very glad to get things going on our bedroom!! 


The other reason I can't wait to get this room finished is because it's been so hot out and our house upstairs is like a freakin oven! I'm not kidding you, my thermostat in my house said 28 degrees! (which is almost 83 in fahrenheit!) So it will be really nice when this room is finished and we can all escape to the basement again and not melt! 


So, this week's challenge over at Use Your Stuff is to use a filmstrip in some way on your project. When I was thinking about what to do with this cover, I had thought about using my Tim Holtz film strip ribbon, but then I was looking at my Silhouette cutting files and I came across this single film strip frame and I thought that would be perfect to hold my title! So I cut it twice...once with the Elle's Studio patterned paper and a second time with vellum and then I glued the vellum on top of the patterned film strip to give it a softer look.


I used a lot of different mediums on this cover page, and the one really nice thing about it being so hot in my house while I made this was that they all dried super fast! It's the first time I've played with paints and mists and spackle and not used a heat gun! lol

I cut the clouds with my Silhouette too. I love how they have the stitched swirls in them to give them some added texture...once I adhered the clouds and washi, I put another coat of gesso over the whole thing to mute the colours again. I really wanted a soft baby look, but kind of funky at the same time. 



Since we still don't have a name for baby number four, I obviously couldn't make that the "title", so I opted for Bible Verse: "And the child grew and became strong in spirit and filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him."
-Luke 2:40

I really love this verse and I thought it was really fitting for a baby book too.  I printed it on vellum and added it to the center of the film strip.

I want this book to be a "pregnancy/baby book". Since it's my last baby, I'm feeling a little more sentimental than normal and I really want to capture this pregnancy in this book and all the little things that are changing our lives because of this little bean :) I plan on working on this more in the next few weeks, so stay tuned for my first pages! 

I hope you play along with us this week at Use Your Stuff and show us how you use those film strips!

Thank you so much for stopping by! 

Don't forget that Google Reader is shutting down today, so please follow me on:

Follow on Bloglovin

Blessings!

Sarah







6 comments:

  1. Lots of work!!! Sure is going to be nice when you get it finished though. Not to much longer till you all can move down there during this heat! Happy painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love love your baby album!! Beautiful soft colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! Love the soft touch you gave the film strip with the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft colours and the shimmer on your baby album.

    P/s: Hope the renovations get done soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great! A baby book! Can't wait to see your renos and your baby book :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love!
-Blessings,
Sarah