Sunday, January 5, 2014

*heart* Me

Yesterday I saw that CSI had their new case file up, and when I went to check it out I fell in love with the colours!!  I knew I wanted to make a layout and play along!


I've also been really wanting to get messy and break out my gelatos! I love working with gelatos with double thick white cardstock because it can really stand up to a lot of water. To make this background I used 4 different colours, and just scribbled them in a line all the way down my paper, then I sprayed my paper with a lot of water and used my fingers to blend it so it looks like watercolour. I really love the look that gives my paper. Once I was happy with the colour, I dried it with my heat gun then applied modeling paste to the frames mask then let that dry before I added the rest of my goodies.


 I added some pink lace from Webster's Pages to the back layer with Mod Podge, then added the rest of the layers over top of it once it dried. I used my hot glue gun to attach the layers because between the glassine bag and the mod podged lace, it just didn't want to stick any other way...and I was too lazy to make my stapler reach that far!! lol


I just won this flair badge from the Paper Bakery last month and I've been dying to use it! I just LOVE this set!


I used another Rhonda Palazari mask for the blue mist too, but I mixed the navy Color Shine with Mod Podge and dabbed it onto my stencil rather than spraying it. I find I have more control that way, plus it gives it a whole different look too!



Well, I'm off to hopefully take down the Christmas tree! Yikes!! Wish me luck!!

Oh, and don't forget to stop by Scrapbook Nerd this month! We're hosting an online crop at the end of January, and there's going to be plenty of inspiration and prizes to be won!! It's going to be awwweesomme!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by my little corner of the web!! 
Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love, and don't forget to



Follow on Bloglovin
Blessings





10 comments:

  1. What a pretty background!! A fantastic page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you have done.. nice to see you do a page about fabulous you.. take care ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page, love the gelato background and past frames :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is awesome! I love what you did with the frames and your background rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow! This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that background and those frames!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh... I love this! The soft colours and those frames go so well together! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome page, Sarah!! The use of the Gelatos created an amazing background!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your page is gorgeous. I love the gelato background and the stenciled frames.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is GORGEOUS, Sarah!! Wow! Love the colours and the model paste frames! What a beautiful photo of you as well - you're gorgeous girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I LOVE this layout so much! Love the background you created and modeling paste frames, say what?! I have some gelatos and modeling paste on their way to me now, and this just made me even more excited to get them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love!
-Blessings,
Sarah