Friday, November 22, 2013

Christmas Jammies

Hey bloggers! 
I'm up at Scrapbook Nerd with Day 4 of  the 12 Days of Christmas. We've got a ton of inspiration going on there, so go check it out! And while you're at it, do some shopping too! They've got an amazing selection of scrappy goodies and they ship super fast too!!

These pictures are from 4 Christmases ago already! Time does go by so fast! I can't believe this little man in the picture is going to be 8 in December!!  

I wanted to document our tradition of Christmas Jammies! I never had this tradition growing up. It came from my husband's family, but I love it! Every year my Mother in Law either makes or buys everyone a new pair of jammies to open on Christmas Eve so we can wear them to bed and wake up Christmas morning with new jammies! I love it and the boys do too!



I played along with Stuck?! Skectches for this layout. They're teaming up with Scrap Our Stash to combine the sketch with a challenge to use wood on your layout! I used a wood grain stamp, a wood banner and some wood veneer stars! 
Here's the sketch. I really had fun with this one :)


I also wanted to join the ladies over at Frosted Designs for their "11 item challenge". I used Tags, Paper Layering, Washi tape, a banner, circles, stars, and arrows! 8 out of 11! Not too shabby!! lol

Well I'm done as far as my part in the 12 Days of December goes, but please go check out Scrapbook Nerd and see what other fabulous creations they have in store for the next 8 days!

Blessings

Sarah

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, love that tradition! The wood grain tag and vellum pocket are fab! Thanks for linking up with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute layout - I love Christmas Jammies too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeee that you documented this!!! LOVING the photos, the colors and the layers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun tradition to document Sarah! Love that chalkboard patterned paper in the background! And the Amy Tan vellum pocket is perfect for your journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tradition! Such an awesome layout with lots of elements and details. Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout. I love the sketch and your interpretation of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah-I love your blog and your stuff is amazing:-) This is Gia and you were so sweet you 'hopped' with us the other day and mentioned you would like to join the fun and guess what...we would be delighted to have YOU!! Whether you want to do just one or be 'a regular' we can explain all to you-if you are on Facebook I am under Gia Lau-the link is on the sidebar of my blog. Hope to talk to you. www.thepaintedcrane,com (your settings so not allow me to link back)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch and what a great tradition to start! Your photos are precious and I love the vellum pocket. Thanks for joining in at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful layout and fab interpretation. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic layout and great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome layout and wonderful take on the sketch and incorporating wood elements into your layout! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your layout Sarah! All those embellishments and details draw me to look again and again. Just love it! So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool layout, love the background paper. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet layout:) thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable layout and fantastic take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful page! Thanks for participating in the Scrap Our Stash challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful! i love your background paper and the pohotos are too sweet!thank you for joining us at stuck?! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet LO. Great take on the sketch and I love the idea about the jammies! Might need to adapt that tradition. Thanks for playing with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great pics and getting in early for xmas...thanks for playing along at STUCK

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great take on the sketch! love the background paper and photos! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrap our Stash and Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! You really got a bunch of them on there, great job!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Frosted Designs! I hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOve all of the layers of texture and pattern - and the journaling pocket! Scrapping Everyday Miracles is having a Christmas theme challenge, and we'd love for you to enter! http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-theme-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love!
-Blessings,
Sarah