Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day 3 of the 12 Days of Christmas

Good Morning everyone!
 I'm up today at Scrapbook Nerd  for our 12 Days of Christmas!! 

I managed to get 9 pages including the cover of my album done at a crop I went to a few weeks ago, and I remember feeling like I was very ahead of the game! I usually don't get my December Daily album done until January! My normal process for this is to take at least one picture every day and make sure I journal every day too. Then in January when everything has settled down, I put my album together. 

This year I'm more ahead than I have been in previous years, but I can't believe how fast November is going and I just realized this morning that I only have 9 more days until December 1st!! Yikes!! The good thing about these pages is that they really don't take too long to do! I hope to get the rest of my pages finished in the next couple nights. I just have to clean up my scrap table first! 

I found this photo a day prompt for December on Pinterest and I'm using this for the basis of my album this year. I thought it would be fun to change it up! 


This the cover of my album. This year I used the red SN@P album and I have to say I'm really liking it!!  I'm using the Simple Stories, Studio Calico and Heidi Swapp Christmas lines for my album this year. As I'm writing this I'm looking at the "Merry & Bright" and I'm thinking that I need to put the year underneath it.


I'm using the Tim Holtz Sizzix numbers on most of my pages...


I bought these snowflakes last year and I'm excited to be finally using them! 


I really love that house die cut (Sizzix). I think I might actually add some glitter to the roofs to make snow :)


I made this fun envelope from that neat little envelope maker by We R Memory Keepers. I don't have one, but my friend Carla let me use it and once we figured it out (It helps to read ALL of the instructions!!), it worked really good!! 


I was happy to dig into my stash and pull apart a clear plastic scallopy circle mini album to use on this page! Gotta love it when that stash gets used up! These days I'm buying faster than I'm using, so I've gotta get going on the using part!! lol

 I really love these pocket pages that come with the SN@P album! They make these pages come together so quickly and they look great!! I love that Simple Stories makes their papers to coordinate too! 


I cut that fun ornament with another Tim Holtz (Sizzix) die out of grunge board and covered it with paper. Gotta love those steel rule dies for being able to cut through a big hunk of stuff all at once! For the 8 on this page I used my epiphany crafts circle thingy (so technical I know!) and made my own little 8 flair!


This page is one of the tab pages that comes in the album. I covered it with mod podge and Tim Holtz tissue wrap before I added the other layers. That washi tape has made an appearance on a couple of pages in this album. I really love it! It's a good thing too, because when I ordered it, I accidentally ordered 2 of them! lol 


Well that's all I have so far, but check back soon for the rest of it! I'm determined to get it finished before December 1st!! 

Check back tomorrow for Day 4 of the 12 Days of Christmas!!

Blessings

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh this looks awesome!!! LOVING the colors!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo a day for Dec. idea...I am going to post it on the Frosted designs FB page too! We all need some inspiration for photos! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your album looks amazing so far Sarah. You rock at layering and the way you mix pattern paper looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love!
-Blessings,
Sarah