Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Scrapbook Nerd January Reveal!!

Good Morning all my lovely scrappy peeps!! I hope this morning finds you well!! Today it is my second son's 5th birthday!! I cannot believe it's already been 5 years since my sweet little Caleb was born!! It makes me feel excited that he's starting to grow into a new little era of his life, but also sad that he's growing up! 

Yesterday was the day of my reveal over at Scrapbook Nerd of all the goodies they gave me to play with this month!! I just love that group of ladies! If you haven't already been over there to the Forum, you really should! They are so wonderful and it's a really great place to hang out! And you DEFINITELY need to go check out the store! It's FULL of FABULOUS products and anything they don't have, if they can get it for you, they will! They're quite AMAZING over there! 

I was given products from the Pink Paislee Hey Kid line. I absolutely LOVE this product line! It's bright colours and patterns are so fun, and there was so much product I STILL have a lot of goodies left over, even after making 4 layouts (I still have one that I'm stashing away to show you later!) and 3 cards! The ephemera pack is LOADED with goodies!!

I also used the We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Circles for this layout, and I've gotta say, it's quite awesome! It helps you poke out holes for stitching circles in no time! Love it!


Eeek! This layout was a first for me!! There is a lot of adorable little girl products in the Hey Kid line, and as you know, I am a mother of four amazing boys...none of which these very girly products would work for! So I borrowed a friend of mine's picture of her and her girls and made a layout for her! I can tell you that it's probably the first and the last time I will ever use this colour of pink cardstock!!  lol


This was a month full of firsts with my first 8.5x11 layout ever! I made this on Christmas day! I was too excited to scrapbook the first picture I took with my new Instax camera! It actually only took me about 20 minutes to make! I wanted to show off all the different patterns in the Hey Kid 6x6 pack, so I punched out a million different squares and cut them in half to make triangles then I glued them to my page and ran them through a sewing machine for some added interest! A messy layer of gesso and a fussy cut element from another one of the patterns of the 6x6 pad completed this layout super quickly! 

UPDATE: I was just scanning my pinterest boards and I came across the layout that inspired this one!! Do you ever see layouts and think that you'd love to scraplift it, pin it, then forget if you did or where you saw it? That's what happened here! And the funniest thing is, I had pinned this layout, and just now realized that it was a layout made by a fellow DT member from the Paper Bakery!! You really do need to check out Gina's layout! It is FAR better than this one!! ;)


I also made a few cards: 

The first one was my son's 8th birthday card. I am definitely feeling old now that I have an 8 year old and a 5 year old!!


This one was my sister in law's birthday card. (there's a looot of birthdays in the months of December and January in our family!) I found a sweet tutorial on Pinterest. Here's the link to the tutorial. It's using the We R Memory Keepers Evelope Board Punch. It's such a fun and easy technique and I absolutely LOVE the bows it makes! So much, I had to make another card!! 

                                        

I didn't have any reason to make this card except that I really wanted to make another bow! lol 


Don't forget to join us this weekend for the Olympic Crop at Scrapbook Nerd! It's going to be awesome!!


Blessings












5 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects!! Happy Birthday to Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Caleb!! I love love love your cards and lo's!! They are just gorgeous!!! LOVING the triangles on the first one!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layouts and cards, Sarah!! So awesome to see you get to do a girly page!! And you did an awesome job on the 8.5x11 format!! Hope your son had a great birthday today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, thanks for the compliment and the lift. I love your take on the scraplift. That triangle background is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday to your boy!
    These are awesome creations...I love all the triangles! And the bows on the cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love!
-Blessings,
Sarah