Saturday, April 5, 2014

Birthday Card Using Project Life Cards

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great weekend! I've been getting into Spring Cleaning mode here! I love that all the snow is almost gone!!! 

I wanted to make a birthday card for a friend of mine, and if you're anything like I am, once you start using a certain kind of product or doing a new thing (Project Life) you have to buy EVERYTHING related to it! Which is what I have done! I probably have enough PL cards to do 5 years worth easily! So I thought I'd show you a way to use them other than on your PL spreads!

I started out choosing a 4x6 card that I liked for my base and just chopped 3/4 of an inch off the end so it wasn't quite 4x6 anymore. I then took a piece of kraft cardstock and cut a 4 inch strip off of it, folded it in half then chopped that same 3/4 of an inch off and folded it in half.


I then took out my trusty corner chomper and rounded all the edges ( btw, if you think they're indestructible, you're wrong! My 4 year old managed to break it while using it to go "fishing" lol go figure!)


I adhered the PL card to my card base, then inked the edges with black Distress Ink.


Then I picked out a few 4x3 cards and did some fussy cutting...


And then I layered them all to create this card! Finish it off with some twine and a "happy birthday" stamp and you're good to go!


I used another 4x3 card on the inside and some of the left over scraps from the polka dot card on the inside and stamped a cute sentiment. I thought it went quite well for a 30th birthday card :)


well there you have it! This card came together quite quickly too, I think including all the "tutorial photography" it only took about 20 minutes all together :)

I always like ideas to stretch your supplies so you don't have to buy more (even though it's really fun to buy new stuff too!!)

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving some love!! 


Blessings



3 comments:

  1. Looks great and super way to use up those cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!!! LOVING that bird paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Glad you got to stretch your supplies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love!
-Blessings,
Sarah