Saturday, June 21, 2014

Dog Days of Summer

Good Morning! 

When I saw this sketch from Creative Scrappers  I knew I wanted to play along! It's such a great sketch because you can add without distraction! Sometimes I find that if a sketch is too busy, it's easy to just create a layout exactly as the sketch looks. Don't get me wrong, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it is nice to have some creative license with your sketches and this one lets you do exactly that! 


I knew I wanted to create a subway art style design with all of these fun die cuts. It's a great way to add interest in a lot of different dimensions and it also really helps put a bit of a dent in the die cut stash! lol I used the new Crate Paper Open Road collection and the Boys Rule collection for most of the die cuts. I love how these two go together so well!







I had fun playing with a new mask I got at the crop last week too (I can't remember which one, but it's from Crafter's Workshop! lol)

I'm really happy with how this layout turned out :) 

Well, I'm off! Lucky me, I get to go to another crop today! Two weekends in a row! I'm pretty blessed with amazing family that helps me out with the kids! 

Have an awesome weekend!!

Blessings



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that camera!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve love your take on the CS sketch, Sarah. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and delightful layout!!! I am loving the layering and the pp used.... THis is absolutely beautiful piece!!! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love!
-Blessings,
Sarah