Saturday, September 7, 2013

You Float My Boat


I made this layout a while ago, when the Paper Bakery sketch first came out, but it's taken me a while to get some time to sit on the computer and blog this one! As it is, I have time today because Linden has decided he only wants to nap on me, so I am currently wearing him in my Moby wrap and blogging while enjoying a coffee :) I can't complain too much, except it makes it difficult to get much else done. There are currently a load of dirty cloth diapers in my bathtub waiting for me to stain treat them before they go into the wash...hopefully I will get those done in a bit :) But until then, I am going to enjoy looking at my little boy sleeping peacefully on my chest. I know it goes by way too fast!

Already, he looks waaaay different than this picture that I scrapped of him with his adorable little owl toque on.

I couldn't help myself when I took this picture he just looked soooo stinkin cute I knew I had to scrap it right away!


I used my Cameo to cut the circle background and then added some other vellum die cuts, wood pieces and flair into the circles.


The title is a vellum piece too, but I backed it onto a piece of kraft cardstock then cut it out so it stood out better.


I added a few strips of washi and some mist drops and called it a day!


here's the sketch I used:


Well, Linden just woke up, so that's all for today! Hope you liked my layout! Don't forget to follow my blog on bloglovin!!

Blessings!!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. Adorable Sarah...baby and layout!! Love how you used the cut file for the circles on the sketch and then added the flair, vellum, and wood veneer pieces!! Thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE!!! I loveeeeeeeeee that photo and love love love love all those circles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An adorable version of the original sketch.....great job using the circle background and then adding the buttons, circles, & veneers. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very cute! Love that you used the cut file for your circles on the sketch :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Paper Bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on the sketch and love how you used the kit here too! Your little man is totally adorable with that owl toque!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun idea! I love what you did here but my favorite might be the picture of your little man! I am happy to see you playing along with us at Paper Bakery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background and the way you filled some of the circles. That hat and Mr. Linden are so stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG he is a cutie patootie!!! Great layout, Sarah :-)
    PS. Your pregnancy ticker is still going - you are 43 weeks and 6 days pregnant ;-) tee hee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's funny Andrea! I thought I took that off weeks ago!! lol

      Delete
  9. Linden is soooo adorable!! How do you ever put him down?

    love the layout. I love the paper bakery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love!
-Blessings,
Sarah