Thursday, May 21, 2015

Mother's Day Selfies

Hey there my Crafty Peeps!! I know what you're thinking...two posts in a row?! Holy! Maybe Sarah's back?! lol I sure hope so anyway! I've been so busy lately, but in a good way! I just haven't had a lot of time for scrapbooking, but I am making time these days because it's something I love to do and I think it's important to take time for you, so here I am! lol

I really wanted to scrapbook this picture from the Friday before Mother's Day. The boys' school did this amazing Photo Scavenger Hunt for Mother's Day! We had a list of 30 things and we had to do at least 21 of them. Now I didn't get all 21 done, but to be fair, I tried to take a pic of each of the boys and I doing each thing, so I think we took about 50 pics! It was such a great day, and I got my first sunburn of the year too! lol I didn't think it was time for sunscreen, but clearly it was!

I've had this cut file from The Cut Shoppe for a long time now, and I have been dying to use it, so last week, I finally cut it out and I'm so happy with the results! 

I knew I wanted to back each of my circles with patterned paper, so after I cut out the original, I found a cut file that had a circle in it, ungrouped it and made my circle just under 2 inches. Then I duplicated it 36 times so I had a full cutting mat full of circles in my Silhouette Studio. Then I cut out 36 2 inch squares from the Shimelle paper pad and placed them all on my cutting mat. You need to make sure that you're using a sticky mat for this because the smaller the paper, the easier they seem to want to come off while cutting.

Once it was all cut out, I backed my cut file with them with some foam adhesive to give it some more dimension! It was definitely a labor of love, but totally worth it!




I also had this 'hello" that I had cut out a long time ago from another Cut Shoppe file and I thought it went perfectly with this layout. 


I added some cute puffy stickers from Evalicious and one of the exclusive flair badges from a past Clique Kit's kit :)

 
 I also added some enamel dots, and some mist too for another bit of dimension and interest. I have a Kal Barteski roller stamp with some really fun phrases in that awesome brush script that I thought I would break out and add on the kraft cardstock too. I love those roller stamps! They are so great for adding some visual interest in small places!


I'm not sure where I got this arrow acetate paper from, but it's been sitting in my stash taunting me to use it for a while now, so I'm happy to report that it's sitting nicely under my photo here for another fun layer!


I have so many awesome pictures from this day and I can't wait to get them scrapped! 

I'm going to enter this into the Cut Shoppe's May Cut it Out Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

  1. Love your layout and that cut file is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the cut file Sarah!! Really awesome layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page!!! LOVE the cut file you used and how you backed them with all the different pieces of patterned paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning layout !!! Love the cut file you used !!! Awesome... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love!
-Blessings,
Sarah