Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Saying By to Lizzy


Hello my Crafty Peeps!!

I'm trying really hard to get back into blogging lately! I have been so busy that I haven't had a ton of time for scrapbooking, but I have decided to MAKE time because it's what I love to do! It's so important to do what you love! Lately I've been loving my Cameo!! I'm addicted to cutting my backgrounds and backing them with fun patterned papers!!

I got this cut file FREE from Paper Issues and I just had to use it as soon as it finished downloading!! They have a ton of free cut files, so it's definitely worth it to check them out!

I used my June Clique Kits Kit "Dream Quest" for this layout and ooooh my, do I ever LOVE this kit!! I have been going a little crazy with this kit! I love the fun Aztec designs and the gold foil! *sigh* it's truly amazing! Did I mention it's full of Crate Paper goodies?! Yep...that's why I love it! I've always had a soft spot for Crate Paper!

Here's the story behind these pictures: Recently we were out in Big Lake at my husband's parent's house. They live out in the boonies and it's great for the boys! They just love going out there and exploring and finding all kinds of fun stuff! Well this time they found a salamander, that they promptly named Lizzy, which kind of cracks me up! I love the way their mind's think!

They put him in a container with some wet sand and some holes and played with him most of the day, but when it was time to go home, I made the executive decision to make them let him go. Ethan (our oldest wanted to the whole time because he didn't think it was fair to "take him away from his family") Caleb and Kieran were a little more selfish...lol...they wanted so badly to keep him and have him as a pet. In the end, I said no and they tearfully said their goodbyes. It was heartbreaking! I'm not sure if you can see it in this picture of my layout, but Kieran's face has a big tear dripping down his cheek as he gives him one last pet!

I told them that I would create a layout for Lizzy to remember him by, so, here it is!


I wanted to keep the layout pretty clean and simple, to showcase the pictures, so I did a fun embellishment cluster beside each of the pictures and left it at that. I am in love with those puffy gold stars! I love how Clique Kits always has some exclusive flair badges in their kits that coordinate so perfectly! The "explore" one was just right for this layout!


I painted the wood veneer camera with a bit of yellow paint that came in the May Clique Kit and added an enamel dot to the center to make it pop.


The "have more adventures" phrase is from the gold foil cut apart paper from Crate Paper. I can't get enough of these!! 


I really had a lot of fun with this layout! I love the XO cut file with those fun patterns backed behind them! The boys really liked that I documented Lizzy for them too!

I'm going to enter this into the challenge over at Scrapbook Challenges May Trend Challenge of Foil. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!! I promise you will be seeing more of me in the near future!

Blessings




2 comments:

  1. Super cool layout, Sarah! I love the little embellishment clusters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING that XO background you created!!!!!! Fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love!
-Blessings,
Sarah