Friday, December 13, 2013

Simple Joys

Hi Everyone! I hope you're all enjoying the holiday season! I am really having fun this year with my boys! Tonight we're having a Christmas movie night and I'm going to make snowman pizzas and Grinch Floats :) Our little elf Buddy has been up to some fiascoes too! He has made snow angels in our kitchen, become an amateur photographer and last night he sat on top of my clip it up. I think he was trying to protect my scrapbooking supplies from the boys! lol They were wrapping presents with my washi tape today...when I mean wrapping, they were using my washi tape to cover an entire toy! They seem to think lately that they don't have to ask to use my stuff either...I guess Buddy was trying to make sure they behaved around my desk! lol

Here's a few pictures of what he's been up to since he came to our house.







I also wanted to show you a layout I made to play along with the Artful Delight sketch this month and also the ladies over at Scrap Our Stash

Here's the sketch:


Scrap Our Stash wanted us to scrap about our family or someone in our family and use a phrase from this word art: 

They also wanted us to use 4 photo corners from our stash. Now believe it or not I don't actually have any photo corners in my stash, so I cut 4 out of some patterned paper! there are four there, but one kind of  ended up getting covered with embellishments so it's not so easy to see! Anyway, here's my layout of my son Caleb and a Christmas cracker. He just loves these things! That's why I thought the title "simple joys" would be perfect for this layout.


Here's some close ups:








Well I'm off to go work on some of my December Daily album!

Don't forget to 
Follow on Bloglovin

Blessings!!

Sarah

17 comments:

  1. fun pictures and your layout? Love it. So much goodness!
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeee the circles and the layers!!! Thanks for playing along with Artful Delight!!! And those elf photos are soooooooooo cute!!!! Brookie loves her elf and I made a mini album last year and this year to add photos of his antics for her!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your elf photos are soooo cute! Very creative! I love your layout! It is absolutely gorgeous. I love the layers and the circle elements! Thanks for joining Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab page, Sarah!! Love all of those layers behind your photo, combined with the fun circles on the Pink Paislee paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delicious is your layout! Great photo of your son and wonderful layering. I so need to get myself some gold doilies, yours looks gorgeous nestled in the layers. Glad to have you join in with us at Scrap Our Stash. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GORGEOUS layout!! Loving all of the fabulous little details in it! TFS all of your Elf pics!! Looks like your little elfie is having lots of fun! I'm stealing a couple of your ideas.....I've ran out. Lol!!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Artful Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute layout!!! Love all of the layering and details! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of the layers, textures and die-cute shapes! Scrapping Everyday Miracles is having a challenge, and we'd love for you to enter a layout or 2! http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-theme-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this layout! Great design and love the embellies! Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a sweet picture and cute layout! Love the circles and colors! Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this layout!! Great layering and fun papers and so much to look at! I keep going back again and again to see the details...Thanks for playing with Scrap Our Stash! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This a gorgeous layout! Love all the details and layering! Thank you for playing with us at Scrap our Stash! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple amazing! Loving all the details and your awesome design! Thank you so much for playing along at SOS, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this layout and the fun circles! This is a terrific Christmas layout. I am so glad you joined us at Artful Delight. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that circle paper and what you've done with it. Great job with all the embellishing...
    ~Robin Redd
    Scrap Our Stash DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning layout!!! Love all the layering, adorable photo and great use of the photo corners! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love!
-Blessings,
Sarah