Sunday, December 1, 2013

O.M.GEE It's a Christmas Card!!!

 I'm so excited that December is finally here!! I don't know about you, but I do a lot of prep for December, thinking about and making my December Daily album, and planning kids crafts and this year Santa even brought us an "Elf on the Shelf"!! So, now that it's December I'm excited to get these activities going and get into the Christmas Spirit!

Today we did our annual gingerbread decorating! One of the churches in town puts on this event every year where you pay 7 bucks for each house, and they're already put together, you get a bag of icing and a ton of candies to decorate your house! We look forward to it every year and it's getting more and more fun with each year as the kids are getting older! 
Caleb made this fabulous snowman! His name is "Caleb the Snowman" lol


This year Ethan's best friend Ethan's family was there decorating their houses at the same time, which made it extra fun :)

This afternoon after we got home from Church, the boys found something from Santa on our hearth! He left us a little elf that the boys named "Buddy" to take care of. Santa says he can be a little bit naughty, so he has left Buddy with us so that the boys can teach him to behave! I wonder what mischief he will get into?!


And to top it all off, I actually made a Christmas card!! Those of you who regularly follow my blog know how often I make cards ;) But I had this idea in my head and I wanted to see if it would actually turn out, so I thought I would try it on a card :)

I used my MFT stamp set:


and made it into a Christmas tree. Then instead of using traditional ink, I painted the stamps with Heidi Swapp Color Shine and stamped it. I really like the way it turned out!!

                                          
I dried the tree with my heat gun to make sure it was all dry, then I stamped the sentiment on top of the tree and embossed it in gold. I added a few sequins here and there and a washi tape stem and voila!! Super easy card :)



I'm going to link this up over at Paper Issues for the "It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas" challenge.

I hope you're enjoying getting into this holiday season as much as I am!! What are your family traditions for the Christmas season?

Blessings

Sarah


5 comments:

  1. Love love love the photos!! Looks like you had a GREAT time!!! We love our Elf!!! And loveeeeeeee your card!! That tree is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day. Have fun with the new Elf :)
    Your card is awesome! Great way to use that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the stamp set.. you are going to have so much fun with Elf.. take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Christmas card - awesome! Can't wait to see what your elf gets up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! So many activities in December! It must be fun! And what a great card you have created!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love!
-Blessings,
Sarah