Sunday, February 23, 2014

Be Happy!

Hey everyone!

 I'm back with another amazing sketch from Scrap & Music (who is currently having a DT Call btw...just sayin...) This time, the song is "Don't Worry, Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin.


 I actually had totally different photos picked out for this one originally, until I saw this picture of my youngest son, and though it would be perfect just because he looks so grumpy in this photo! I thought the title "Be Happy" would go well with this adorable little grump! lol

I also wanted to show you how you can use a Christmas line for everyday layouts! I used the Crate Paper Bundled Up paper line for this layout, and I personally think it's really hard to tell it's even a Christmas line! If you look really hard at some of the patterns you can see a couple that have some snowflakes, but they're a smaller pattern and I didn't use a lot of that certain one, so it really doesn't look like themed paper at all! It's a nice way to get more out of your Christmas supplies after the season is over!


I got really inky and messy on this one! I was actually inspired by a crafty friend of mine, the fabulous Juliana Michaels for this layout. I really love the way she used her negative hearts in her layout. I had cut a whole bunch of hearts for another layout with my Cameo and I had used random pieces of washi tape to tape down the scraps that I was using to cut all the hearts and while it was still on my Silhouette mat I noticed how cool I thought it looked with the pieces of washi randomly placed and the negative hearts. And that's how this layout was born! 


I liked this polka dot paper, but I found it to be a bit too bright, so I used some gesso and a really super watery paint brush to do a wash on it before I added my hearts. 


I also painted random bits of black gesso, then used a glitz roller stamp and some white gesso over top of it for some more fun texture!


I used the Maggie Holmes Flea Market die cut kit to add some layers to the photo and on the other side of the page by the title (the tag the has "Be" on it is an older one from Basic Grey)




This was the first time I tried my hand at the brush script trend directly on the paper I want to use. I usually just paint it and cut it out! It turned out okay, but I'd be lying if I said I got it perfectly on my first try!! I actually went through two other tags before I got one I liked! lol


Thank you so much for stopping by! 

Btw, consider this a "sneak" of my Scrapbook Nerd reveal which is coming up tomorrow! This was the collection I was given to work with this month! It's such a great line and like I showed you, it doesn't just have to be for winter layouts!

I'll see you tomorrow!

Blessings





3 comments:

  1. Sarah it is fabulous! I love all the texture and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING the adorable photo, the colors and hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome page Sarah!! I love the way you used the heart strips in the background and the messy look you created! And such a cute photo of your little guy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love!
-Blessings,
Sarah