Monday, February 3, 2014

My "One Little Word" Canvas and a FREE cut file!!

Good Morning Bloggers! I've been thinking about this post for about a month now, and I'm finally ready to reveal my One Little Word for 2014. Now, originally, I had two words, and they were "Nourish" and "Now". They kind of go along with the word that I actually chose, which is "Thrive". I had chose Nourish because it can represent so many aspects of my life, from the obvious; nourishing my body and my family's with healthy food, to the not so obvious; nourishing our souls and minds. I chose the word Now, because I tend to be a great procrastinator and I want to be more productive in 2014. 
But, for the whole month of January, as I thought about my words, I often found myself thinking about the word "Thrive" I would often forget my own words that I chose, and "Thrive" would pop into my head before any of the other words. Now, I'm stubborn though, and I didn't want my word to be Thrive because Ali Edwards had chosen that word. There's nothing wrong with her having that word too, but I just didn't want it to seem like I was just choosing Thrive because she did. But the truth is, I didn't really choose the word Thrive....it chose me! I tried with all my heart to not use that word for this year, and I'm pretty stubborn (Just ask my husband!!), but it just kept popping into my head, until I relented and realized that God has given me that word because He wants me to THRIVE and He wants my family to THRIVE like He has always intended for us!

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10

So, I have embraced my word for the year, and I plan on Thriving abundantly this year! 

I made this canvas so I could hang it up in my house and remind myself daily of my plans to Thrive. 

I actually created my very first ever cut file for this project too! A fellow Paper Bakery DT member Krissy Clark had an awesome tutorial up on the Paper Bakery blog <-----click here to see tutorial. It was on how to create a cut file from your own hand writing. I'm really loving the look of the brush script that's really in now, so instead of using my own handwriting, I did some brush script with a paint brush and then created the cut file with that! I'll share it with you today too! It's not the best quality, but I think it's pretty cool for my first cut file ;)


Here's some close ups: I used lots of stencils, paints gesso, embossing paste, washi tape, lace, tulle, all sorts of goodies to get some good texture on here!



I wanted the word "THRIVE" on here more than once, but I wanted it to be a little more subtle than the gold one, so I heated up my glue gun and wrote the word on my craft mat and waited for it to dry then glued it to my canvas with matte medium.





If you want to use the cut file, feel free to! You can go here to download the studio file, and if you want the png file click here. I just ask that you link back here on your projects and I'd love to see what you create with it too!!


Do you have a word for 2014? I'd love to know what it is!

Don't forget to

Follow on Bloglovin

Blessings,





3 comments:

  1. Now Sarah, after reading everything you said. I think that you picked a perfect word for you. Because Thrive encompasses the words Nourish and Now. I think this is a very good theme for you knowing what I do about who you are. And what you want for your family. Looking forward to more on this topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing OLW and love love love your page! LOVING the colors, the textures and the quote!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous piece of art Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me some love!
-Blessings,
Sarah